Do you ever feel just completely overwhelmed with motherhood? I mean, you’ve got a house to manage, meals to make, and kids to raise. Plus, you may even have a job on top of all that.
Oh and your health. You’ve got to somehow make time with all of that to make time to exercise, eat right, and feed your family healthy meals.
Yeah. NO BIG DEAL.
As busy moms, no matter how hard we try we can still feel like we are drowning in responsibilities and unmet expectations for ourselves.
I get that. 100%.
HI. I’M ERIN.
And here at the Incremental Mama, I provide practical solutions for moms to conquer overwhelm and create more order, balance, and happiness in their lives and homes.
Here you’ll find routines and hacks to simplify life and create a space for peace and wellness.
Because I know exactly how overwhelming motherhood can feel.
In 2016, I found myself the working mother of 4 kids 4 and under (not a typo and yes, all single births).
I had a newborn plus kids ages 1, 3, and 4 and I was teaching college history. All while trying to:
- keep my home from looking like news footage from after a tornado
- go to the grocery store with enough regularity to keep my family alive
- lose the baby weight from 4 back-to-back pregnancies
And it felt crazy.
I felt crazy.
A couple months after my 4th was born, I found myself sobbing in the Costco parking lot. Again.
With groceries loaded, all 4 kids buckled in their seats either whining or crying, I sat in the driver’s seat of my van and ugly cried.
Body shaking and everything.
All while my kids were wailing in the backseats.
I couldn’t imagine feeling more overwhelmed than I did in that moment. Because I felt like I did not have what it was going to take to survive all the crazy, let alone find time to take care of myself.
BEING A MOM IS HARD
(understatement of the decade, right?)
But I’m here from the trenches to tell you that no matter how overwhelmed you feel right now, it can get so much better.
And I’m not talking about years down the road when your kids are older. I’m talking about right now.
You can start now to create routines that help you keep your house organized, help you be a better mom, and lead you down the road to health.
Ready to rock this? Get started with some of these posts:
- 9 Simple Tips to a Healthy Morning Routine For Moms
- 5 Keys to a Stress-Free Morning Routine With Kids
- 5 Tips For a Quick & Tear-Free Bedtime Routine For Kids
- Creating a Self Care Routine: A Busy Mom’s Guide to Peace & Wellness
- 4 Ways You’re Sabotaging Your Evenings & What You Should Do Instead
- How I Survive 4 Kids 5 and Under Without Losing My Mind
- 11 Tips For Juggling a Newborn & Toddler
- The Simple Phrase That Will End Whining & Get Kids Excited to Help
- 7 Steps Teaching Kids to Clean Their Bedrooms (with free drawer printables)
- 4 Brilliant Ways to Teach a Child to Calm Themselves When Upset
- 11 Tips to End Picky Eating & Create Healthy Mealtime Habits
- 3 Ways for Busy Moms to Get Motivated to Exercise
- Self Care for Busy Moms: 3 Steps to Peace & Well-Being
- Loving My Post Pregnancy Body
- 10 Ways For Busy Moms to Get Better Sleep & Wake up Energized
- 9 Tips for Night Owls to Wake Up Early
- My Story: Getting in Shape After 4 Kids
I’m so glad that you are joining me on this journey.
You’re awesome, mama.